These are the musings and news and remembrances of Kathleen Roberts. Hopefully, this will spark memories as well as journal current happenings

Monday, June 29, 2015

A song came on the radio tonight, well it was actually a CD that Minon had given Gale for Fathers Day and it took me back to a time when our children were all little and Gale and I and Mellonee sang " A Childs Prayer" in Sacrament meeting.  Now, I don't sing.  Not to say I don't sing, but I am not a singer.  The desire is there but that is where it all stops. So, when I'm home alone I sing my heart out and there is no one there to grimace.  I wish I could sing, I feel the music and love the rhythm but what comes out is less than satisfactory.  Anyway back in the day I thought that I might possibly be able to sing just a little and we did sing in church.  That song still makes me feel the way I did then making an offering before the Lord in Sacrament meeting.  And I don't think it was too bad.  But time has made my meager voice less and less melodic so that time is special because as I stood before the congregation I was an angel singing for the Lord.  Whenever I go to the "Forgotten Carols" I totally identify with the little angel who wanted so much to be in the Heavenly Choir that ushered in the Savior but wasn't choosen.  I feel his pain.  But I still love and appreciate music because nothing can bring back a flood of memories like a song.  Sometimes I'm 16 at the beach. Sometimes I'm at a dance.  Sometimes I'm walking on the campus of BYU holding hands with the man I love.  Music is emotion and it stirs the soul. I'm grateful I have ears to hear GOOD music.

No comments:

Post a Comment