These are the musings and news and remembrances of Kathleen Roberts. Hopefully, this will spark memories as well as journal current happenings

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Waiting for a call!

Gale andI have spent a long long time waiting for a mission call.  We spent a year waiting for the I.R.S. to clear our business of any wrong doing in the disollution of the ESOP ( we actually had to buy back our company) so we could sell the business to Caleb and when we got done with that and started our papers I found out I had to have my knee replacement re done.  I scheduled it for January 3 2014,but got the flu and had to postpone.  The quickest they could get us in was March 3.  I had the surgery and had a great recovery until I hit aboutr 4 months out.  Then, I began to have lots of inflamation and pain.  I was exercising and walking but the pain kept getting worse.  The doctor didn't know what to do so I have just lived with it.  Sometimes it is better and sometimes it is worse. Meanwhile I was having my physical and getting everything in order.  I had a lump in my breast so had a mamogram,  cat scan and visited a surgeon.  All three cleared me bu;t when I sent my papers in they came back on me and I had to have a letter from the surgeon and another mamogram.  Meanwhile, my knee surgeon suggested that I have my foot looked at as it might be causing some misalignment.  I had previously had my foot xrayed and it showed nothing but the new surgeon did a standing xray and found an xtra bone in my foot he thinks was congenital (or I had it from birth) so after crying alot I scheduled the surgery.  It was supposed to be a 4 week recovery but ended up being 9 weeks.  Minon thinks I exagerrated my lack of pain and she could be right bu;t he finally cleared me and said the remaining pain would just take time so it might as well take the time while we are on our mission as waithng to go so we started getting ready in ernest in the fall of 2013.  We turned in our completed papers July of 2014.  We re-turned in our papers in February of 2015 and are now waiting for our assignment.  The Stake President told us that we are on the docket with the First Presidency for this Thursday, the 26 th of February.  So we should finally get our call the following week or the week after that.  Gale says all this waiting has taught him patience. I just wish he had learned it faster

No comments:

Post a Comment