These are the musings and news and remembrances of Kathleen Roberts. Hopefully, this will spark memories as well as journal current happenings

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Older is wiser

While in Denver Breea gave me a jar of questions to answer so that she could know her mother better and it made me think about all of the things that I have learned along the way. Mellonee said it best when she told us that she didn't mind being older "cause she knew stuff" Like when your kids call to ask some normal question and because of your worldly experience you happen to know the answer. It helps to teach me that though we grow old on the outside we are given so much in return; Knowledge, Faith, Strength of Character etc. Gale and I were talking the other night and he said the most important thing we have to know is forgiveness. That means that we have to forgive people and not judge. We have such a tendency (and I am talking about myself) to look at someone that is doing something differently than we do it and think their stupid. The funny thing is studies come and studies go so don't base too much on this study or that report. When we had Mellonee we were told not to ever have her in our room. Then later there was a big hoo haa about the "family bed" so lots of people had there kids sleep with them for years. When I was a kid the popular belief was that a divorce was ok as long as it was amicable and now we know haw wrong that was. And so things change. So I am going to try not to judge others ways of doing things and to forgive all past hurts or slights and what I am really going to do is forgive quicker. And also not to always think my way is right and argue the point. I have lots to work on

No comments:

Post a Comment